Monday, August 26, 2013

Getting Ready...Kind of

I took a long blogging hiatus, but am trying to get back into the swing of things. It's been a very long stressful few weeks, but I've been meaning to write a new post for a few days now and find myself too tired to do anything when I get home.

I went back to work last Tuesday with two days of our in-service meetings. I did my first presentation on reading and writing workshop, which I think went well.

I don't know where this came from...please claim if it's yours. :)

Remember my tiny room (check out the "my classroom" tab if you haven't seen it)? Well, it's going through a bit of a renovation right now to add 12 feet on to the end. Yay!


Unfortunately, the project didn't get started until the week before we reported back to school, so it's been a scramble trying to get things finished. My carpet finally went in on Friday, but baseboards aren't set to go in until tomorrow, so I haven't been able to put anything against the wall yet. Still, it's going to be very exciting when it's finished.

Our other building on campus ended up in 2 inches of water two weeks ago, so they haven't been able to work in their rooms either. The carpets are dry and now clean, so tomorrow hopefully we'll all get to really start putting things together. Originally, school was set to start on Wednesday, but we've pushed it back to Sept. 3 because of these setbacks.

However, a trip to IKEA has me all ready to put some cuteness into my room :)



Plus add some of these:

And these:

And finally this:


And I'll be ready to go. Hope you all are having this much fun in your classrooms :)

1 comment:

  1. yay!! excited to see some pics of it all put together! :)

    ReplyDelete