Sunday, September 15, 2013

Interactive Landforms Activity

Drumroll please...

Last week I tried my first interactive notebook piece. I've seen these everywhere on blogs and TpT and felt like I had to give them a try. I tend to have a hard time coming up with great fun ideas for Social Studies, so I decided this was the place to start.

Using Lovin Lit's Interactive Notebook Templates and the posters from Landforms Posters and Bingo Game for the definitions and pictures, this is what I came up with.




Very simple, but still managed to take us two class periods to complete. How do you folks do this on a daily basis and still fit everything in? I think it took us longer cause I had to explain everything in detail as it was our first time, but still...is there a trick to speeding up?

They did pretty well on the quiz the next day, and many of them said they used their interactive notebook page to study, so that was positive :)

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Those came out GREAT! I have been thinking about trying the interactive notebook, but the time that it would take my first graders to complete it has been holding me back. I just think the cutting and pasting alone would take a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely think they take a while...longer than I'd like them to, but they may speed up as the year progresses.

      Delete