Sunday, August 9, 2015

Classroom Decor Inspiration

Sources clockwise from top left: Angie Campanello, Live, Laugh & Learn in Second Grade, Angie Campanello, Appletastic, Schoolgirl Style, Schoolgirl Style

I love setting up my classroom for the new year. It's honestly one of my favorite times of the school year :). However, I don't have my own classroom this year, so I will just share some things that I'm swooning over in the hopes that they help you as you set up your own classroom.

First off, I love clean and organized spaces. I'm not a very cluttery person. I love this piece from IKEA. I've used their Expedit bookcases before that are similar to this, but I love the desk. This could work for a small teacher desk or as a workstation for the students (computer area?).

Source
This rug isn't cheap, but seriously cute. Love the teal color.
Source
I think your classroom can be cute and color-coordinated, while still being functional. Here's a great bulletin board that serves a purpose, but is very neat and pretty.

Source
Having a specific color scheme can help your classroom seem less cluttered and more organized. For me, I wanted my classroom to be homey since I was going to be in it for a minimum of 8 hours a day. Other than while I'm sleeping, that's more time than I was going to be at my house. Here's a space that I think is somewhere that I could be comfortable in for a long time.

Source
This was my reading nook the last year that I was full-time. My students loved it (and that bench is now in my home office :)).


Here are a few other classrooms that I love right now. Hopefully they'll inspire you to organize and create a comfortable space.

Source

Source
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment