Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Bucket List

Only 3 days left! I'd love to hear back from some public school teachers...how much time do you get after school ends to get grades done, clean up, etc. At my school, we are on contract for a week after school gets out and then again two weeks before school begins to set up the classroom. Do you get much less time?

Today, I'm linking up with A Cupcake for the Teacher for their linky on summer bucket lists.


Here's some things on my list for this summer: :)

1: Vacation. We have no definite plans yet, but are hoping to go to Hawaii. It's our fifth anniversary this summer, and we've never managed to do anything other than dinner, so we'd love to go somewhere this year.


2. Summer School. While this is not necessarily the most exciting thing to do, it's my last summer in school, then I just have to finish my Professional Project during next school year and I will be finished with my Master's in Literacy. Yay! :) It'll be a bit crazy with 16 credits (4 to be completed next year) and five weeks spent here. The plus side? Living with my sister, her husband, and nearly two year old niece while I'm there :)


3. Spending tons of time on the lake with last summer's addition to our family



4. Lots and lots of TpT products. I have many items in the works that I just haven't had time to finish. Hopefully I'll squish those in before and after summerschool. One of the products I'm working on is my classroom decor pack, which I'll be using in my classroom for next year. I'm excited to finish it so I can start printing, cutting, laminating, and getting ready to put it up in my room. You can see the preview and download the preview of it here.



5. And of course...plan out my entire curriculum for next year. I always say I'm going to type everything out - and intend to - just always run out of time. Do you have that same problem?


That's a little of my summer plans. What's on your summer bucket list?



2 comments:

  1. I work in the public school system and my students were done last Thursday and teachers last day was Friday. We had to have grades in the week before the last week of school so our principal could look them over and approve everything and that way we could send report cards, etc. home with students on the last day of school. It definitely calls for crunch time, but I really like it because then we are done essentially the same time as the kids start. As far as going back to school.. the kids usually start on a Thursday and we are required to start that Monday right before, so only a couple days before. Most of us are in a week or two before that though getting our classroom set up and everything! I envy your bucket list. That vacation and boat sound so nice right about now! :)

    -Allison
    Adventures in Room 204

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my kids, summer vacation isn’t just all about fun and games. If they can, why can’t they learn too? Summer tutorials prepare my kids for the next school year. They can have advance lessons that can help them in their subjects. It really helps them a lot!

    C2Educate.com

    ReplyDelete